Bring the Mindful Drinking Festival alive in 2018
We are looking for a freelance/member of staff festival and events organiser to work with us this year.
Club Soda ran two highly successful Mindful Drinking Festivals last year, and we are now looking for someone to help us deliver four festivals over the next 12 months, and help us maximise our events income. In addition to the festivals, you will also help deliver our smaller events like our monthly Mindful Pub Crawls and members lunches.
You will be responsible for the organisation and logistics of the events, in collaboration with our social media manager and Club Soda co-founders Laura and Jussi, who undertake communications, PR, and other key aspects of the events.
We are looking for someone with ideally:
- at least 3 years experience of organising and running events
- including large event work with multiple vendors/exhibitors
- experience in relationship building and management of sponsors and exhibitors
- understanding of the key requirements of outdoor events
- experience in liaising with local authority and licensing bodies
- a proven track record of maximising income from events.
- a self starter who can manage their own workload flexibly to meet the demands of a fast moving role, within a small team
- comfortable making sales and other phone calls
- happy to go beyond your role description to support the team
- comfortable managing a WordPress website and using cloud based office tools like Google Docs etc (these are easy to learn if you don’t know them yet).
We can accommodate reasonable flexible working hours to meet other jobs, personal passions, caring responsibilities, and some home working. There will be some travel required with the role.
We would like you to start immediately (or as soon as possible) and be able to dedicate 3 or 4 days a week to this role over the next 12 months.
Club Soda is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds who can add new perspectives to help us develop this idea into something that people want to use.
Please apply with no more than 500 words about why you would be perfect for this role, with your CV or LinkedIn profile, and your day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you want a chat call Jussi on 07905508251.
We will interview and recruit to this role quickly – we have a busy year planned!