Location: Whitechapel, East London, with some remote working possible
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 and workplace pension contributions
Term: Initially a fixed term for 12 months, with possibility for a permanent role
Report to: Jussi Tolvi, Club Soda Co-founder
Club Soda is the UK’s Mindful Drinking Movement. We have a large online community, offer and build digital programmes, organise big and small events (including festivals and pub crawls) and run a national guide to the best alcohol-free drinks and where to find them. We are busy!
We are now looking for an admin and events person to support us in key tasks such as:
- Events administration and organisational support, including working closely with our members who organise events across the UK
- Overseeing general email communications to members and partners
- Customer management of our online courses
- Elements of community management on our Facebook groups (supporting our volunteer admins)
- Day to day bookkeeping using Xero
- General office administration tasks.
We are looking for someone who can take initiative within a diverse team, and feels confident to take ownership of key tasks within your responsibility, and who can look for opportunities to add value (e.g. get the co-founders to give up some everyday tasks!). Attributes we are looking for:
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Dependable and reliable
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new skills (for example use of different computer software)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Experience and skills
- Prior experience of administration work and/or data inputting and/or electronic record keeping is essential – this could be within any organisation, and either paid or voluntary
- Excellent communication skills; face to face, email, and over the phone
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ability to use your own initiative, and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Excellent digital skills and a working knowledge of databases and programmes/platforms such as WordPress, Google Docs, Xero, Mailchimp, social media scheduling tools
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy, and any mix of qualifications/training or experience, with evidence of ability to learn quickly; at least grade A to C GCSE in Mathematics and English, or equivalent, would be desirable
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to self-manage in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Understanding of the work of Club Soda would be helpful too!
How to apply
To apply please email Jussi Tolvi on email@example.com with your CV and a one page cover letter about how you meet the requirements of the role.
Deadline: Monday 14th January 2019.
About Club Soda
Club Soda is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds who can add new perspectives to help us develop our movement into something that people want to be a part of.
Our team works in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality, and encouraged to look beyond their immediate role. We can be flexible with hours to suit personal responsibilities and interests and home working.